See The Value Of A College Education - Our Calculator Shows The Difference
What is the value of a college education?
It may surprise you that, on average, an individual with a bachelor's degree earns approximately $82,576 per year, compared to the $46,228 average yearly salary of a worker with a high school diploma. Use this calculator to see the value of a college education.Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2023.
- Current ageThe age you plan to begin working.
- Anticipated annual income The gross annual salary you expect to earn if you do not earn a college degree.
- Anticipated annual income The gross annual salary you expect to earn if you obtain a college education.
- Retirement ageThe age you plan to stop working.
- Annual salary increases The rate at which you expect your salary to increase if you do not earn a college degree.
- Annual salary increases The rate at which you expect your salary to increase if you do go on to earn a college degree.
This information may help you analyze your financial needs. It is based on information and assumptions provided by you regarding your goals, expectations and financial situation. The calculations do not infer that the company assumes any fiduciary duties. The calculations provided should not be construed as financial, legal or tax advice. In addition, such information should not be relied upon as the only source of information. This information is supplied from sources we believe to be reliable but we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Hypothetical illustrations may provide historical or current performance information. Past performance does not guarantee nor indicate future results.